Designed specifically for writers of film, TV, and online shorts, DubScript is an industry-strength, open-standard screenplay editor. DubScript reads Final Draft (.fdx) and plain text Fountain screenplays and outputs to PDF and Final Draft (.fdx).
Plain-text in. Screenplay out.
Create a new script and write naturally in the free-flowing plain-text editor -- without the "screenplay software formatting stuff" getting in your way. Don't break your writing flow to manually format or indent characters, slug lines, parentheticals, or action. Write uninterrupted-- scenes start with INT. or EXT, capitalize CHARACTER names, double-space between dialog.
In other words, make your screenplay look "screenplayish". The editor (900+ fonts available) helps with auto-suggestions as you go.
Save direct to your device's storage- no online connection required. Or save to Drive and other cloud services.
Finished? With a single swipe, DubScript does the hard formatting for you! Indentation, page breaks, CONT'Ds, page numbering, margins, and text styling appear like magic!
Now you have a proper screenplay. But before you output a PDF or export to .fdx, add a quick title page. It's just as easy to add scene numbers, side-by-side dialogue, centered text, notes, and page breaks.
"Open" is good. Vendor "lock in" isn't.
DubScript supports Fountain markup, a popular, open standard for writing scripts in plain-text. This means your screenplay file is fully-compatible with any old plain-text editor. To exchange with other apps, just copy and paste. Or hit the Share button to forward yourself (or your agent) a quick off-device backup via an email or messaging app.
Learn more about Fountain markup at https://fountain.io -- including compatible Fountain apps for Mac, iOS, Linux, and Windows.
The complete package
- Easy plain-text format - copy/paste-able and compatible with other apps and text editors
- Read Final Draft (.FDX), Trelby, and Fountain. Output to PDF, .FDX, HTML, or printers
- Markdown text-format support (just open or save plain text files ending in ".md")
- Save files to your device, cloud storage, or share with others
- 900+ writing fonts for every writing mood and genre. PDF output is always industry standard 12 pt Courier Prime
- Built-in Wellness Exam scans for potential Fountain/format issues, screenplay "clams", red flags, etc
- Title page, dual-dialogue, and bold, underline, & italic
- Character & slugline auto-suggestion, undo/redo, find/replace, copy/paste, spell-check, auto-complete, keyboard shortcuts, scene numbering, notes, and more
- Auto-bold sluglines and transitions
- Click-click-click...ding! Typewriter sounds
- US Letter & A4 paper sizes
- Locally-saved recovery backups
- Hear your script spoken out loud
- Statistics, scene and character reports
- Dialogue browser
- Compare drafts
- Chromebook/foldables support
- Android 12 ready
Try upcoming versions
Feeling adventurous? The open testing versions have the newest features and bug fixes. Sign up for the beta program right here in the Play store.
All features in DubScript are fully-enabled with unlimited scripts. Read mode is ad-free. Should you optionally wish to be a DubScript supporter, you can disable ads & a small "DubScript" message on printed output/PDF. This monthly or annual subscription can be canceled at any time for any reason. Enjoy!