Or try the open testing version
"...great for beginning screenwriters... full-featured [and] good-looking..."
--New York Times
Designed specifically for writers of film, TV, and online shorts, DubScript is an industry-strength, open-standard screenplay editor.
DubScript reads Final Draft (.fdx) and plain text Fountain screenplays and outputs to PDF and Final Draft (.fdx).
Now works on Android-enabled Chromebooks!
The complete package
- Easy plain-text format - copy/paste-able and compatible with other apps and text editors
- Read Final Draft (.FDX), Trelby, and Fountain. Output to PDF, .FDX, HTML, or printers
- Markdown text-format support (just open or save plain text files ending in ".md")
- Save files to your device, cloud storage, or share with others
- 900+ writing fonts for every writing mood and genre. PDF output is always industry standard 12 pt Courier Prime
- Built-in Wellness Exam scans for potential Fountain/format issues, screenplay "clams", red flags, etc
- Title page, dual-dialogue, and bold, underline, & italic
- Character & slugline auto-suggestion, undo/redo, find/replace, copy/paste, spell-check, auto-complete, keyboard shortcuts, scene numbering, notes, and more
- Auto-bold sluglines and transitions
- Click-click-click...ding! Typewriter sounds
- US Letter & A4 paper sizes
- Locally-saved recovery backups
- Hear your script spoken out loud
- Statistics, scene and character reports
- Dialogue browser
- Compare drafts
- Chromebook/foldables support
- Android 12 ready