Designed specifically for writers of film, TV, and online shorts, DubScript is an industry-strength, open-standard screenplay editor.
DubScript reads Final Draft (.fdx) and plain text Fountain screenplays and outputs to PDF and Final Draft (.fdx).
Plain text in. Screenplay out.
Create a new script and write naturally and quickly in the free-flowing editor -- without the typical "screenplay software formatting stuff" getting in your way. Don't break your writing flow to manually format or indent character, slug line, or action items. Instead, write uninterrupted-- scenes start with INT. or EXT, capitalize CHARACTER names, double-space between dialog.
In other words, make your screenplay look "screenplayish". The editor can help by auto-suggesting characters and locations it's seen before. Pick from over 800 fonts for the one that inspires your creativity.
Save your work right to your device's storage without needing any online connection (and you can also save to Google Drive, Box, and other cloud services.).
Done? With a single swipe, DubScript does the formatting for you adding correct indentation, page breaks, CONT'Ds, page numbering, margins, and text styling.
Now you have a proper screenplay!
Before you print to PDF or paper, don't forget a title page! It's just as easy to add scene numbers, side-by-side dialogue, centered text, notes, page breaks, and more.
Vendor "lock in" sucks.
And so does having to sign up for yet another proprietary account. DubScript's "Fountain" markup is an OPEN standard for writing scripts in plain text, so your edited screenplay file is 100% compatible with standard text editors. To exchange with other programs, just copy and paste, or forward yourself (or your agent) a quick off-device backup using the Share button.
Learn more about Fountain markup at https://fountain.io -- including tips and a list of other Fountain apps on Apple, Linux, and Windows computers.
The complete package
- Open text format compatible with other apps and editors.
- Keep files on your own device, cloud storage (Google Drive, Box, etc.), or share with others.
- Read Final Draft (.FDX) and Fountain. Output to PDF, .FDX, HTML, or cloud printers
- New! Over EIGHT HUNDRED fonts to suit every writing mood and genre. Print/PDF is industry standard 12 pt Courier Prime.
- Add a title page, dual-dialogue, and bold, underline, & italic.
- Characters/scene heading auto-suggestion, undo/redo, find/replace, copy/paste, spell-check, auto-complete, keyboard shortcuts, scene numbering, notes, and more.
- Night "white on black" mode
- US Letter + A4 paper
- Local rescue backups
- Compare drafts
- Hear your script read out loud
- Statistics, reports, scene and character reports
- New! Chromebook multi-window & Android 8+ support
Adventurous? Sign up for the beta program in the Play Store for test releases.
All features in DubScript are fully-enabled, and there is NO built-in script number limit. Screenplay reading mode is also ad-free. Should you optionally wish to become a DubScript supporter, you can disable ads & a small "DubScript" message on printed output/PDF. This monthly or annual subscription can be canceled at any time for any reason.
Send feedback via the forum (don't use the Play store to report bugs!), and be sure to check the settings.